Saturday 25 June 2011

joe & the juice...


OK! So I can't keep it in any longer. I have to share with you one of my new favourite places to go for a catch up with friends on the weekend. I can't take credit for having discovered this place first hand as it was recommended by a friend, but it really is a cool and different take on the average coffee places I know that I'm fed up with. The big cafe chains (Starbucks, Cafe Nero, Costa etc) are all very similar and you can sometimes feel as if you are just another big sugar-free vanilla skinny latte (my drink of choice) on their conveyor belt of mass produced and bland coffee. Joe & The Juice on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air in the cafe world. 

Situated right next to Oxford Circus Tube Station (281 Regents Street) Joe & The Juice is a Danish company with two locations in central London (the other on Broadwick Street). What I like about this place is as well as serving coffee (the Joe in Joe & The Juice if you will) it also does the most amazing fresh juices you could imagine. With a menu of around 15 different combo juices (try the Hangover Heaven with freshly squeezed orange, elderflower and mint - bliss!) they make the drink up then and there for you. Drinks come in two sizes and I recommend the bigger size as it's better value for money at around £4.50 compared with £3.85. Also try their special ginger shot for a welcome kick if you need an energy boost without the caffein. 

You can then enjoy your coffee or juice in a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. With cool music and comfy sofas to lounge on, this is a place where you can spend hours chatting away without anyone batting an eyelid. Service is friendly and all the baristas/juicers are (dare I say it) rather easy on the eye! For such a central location I'd say everything is reasonably priced so it's well worth a visit on a weekend afternoon. I know I will be returning ASAP!

Hasta pronto!

EJ x

P.S Thanks for the pictures Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment