Friday 24 June 2011

new beginnings...


I can't believe that this is the first post in my new blog! I have been thinking about setting this blog up for about... three years now but every time I thought about entering into the world of blogging I didn't have a clue where to start. I think this feeling of confusion stemmed from the fact that whilst at university I was writing an essay a week and at the time the idea of writing for pleasure was not up there on my list of priorities. However, after a year of working "in the real world" I feel as though now is the right time! 

I'm not a blogger "noob" however. I have enjoyed reading both my friends' blogs and those of random writers for a long time. I love being able to search around and discovering somebody who is passionate about their opinions and sharing their views with strangers. I think this is one reason why I am fascinated by the concept of blogging. It is a great vehicle for self-expression whether the people are intending to write for the masses or whether it serves as a medium for self-catharsis. 

When trying to decide what genre to classify my blog I didn't want to solely be a fashion-come-recipe-come-review-come-travel (you catch my drift) blog. I would rather write about a melange of topics to reflect the things that fill my life. I am a twenty-something living and working in central London and it can be in a word: hectic. But, I do love everything about it and think it's about time I properly reflect on it. 

I hope that you enjoy reading my blog, please comment and leave your messages!

Hasta pronto!

EJ X

P.S. If you're wondering about the title of the blog, it comes from one of my favourite songs of all time Blue Light by Bloc Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment