Sunday 1 January 2012

happy new year...


Happy New Year! I hope that your celebrations to welcome in 2012 were fantastic and you're not feeling as delicate as I am due to all the festivities and indulgence. I saw in the new year at a house party in East London with my friends and boyfriend. The party's theme was white which was a pretty nice change to the normal fancy dress/black tie themes of other parties however it did cause a bit of panic when I realised my white summer dresses weren't really appropriate for the event. So after a mad rush around Oxford Street I found the perfect white (maybe cream!) lace dress for only £35 at River Island.  I love River Island at the moment - every time I go in there are so many things that tempt me to splash my cash.


I changed the belt to a patent black and gold one which I thought dressed it up a bit and wore gold accessories and a pair of black suede wedges which I got in the sales at New Look for only £12. I love this dress because it's very classic but the sweetheart neckline and skater style skirt gives it some originality. It seemed to be a hit as I got so many compliments throughout the night and a few people asked me where it was from so I pointed them in the right direction. Luckily the dress also survived the night unharmed even with champagne popping everywhere and everyone had fun. Today in true New Year's Day style I have spent all day recovering in my PJs with my flatmates and some yummy food from Deliverance whilst watching Great Expectations - bliss. 

How did you spend your New Year's Eve and day? Wishing you all the best for 2012.

Hasta pronto!

Em x



No comments:

Post a Comment