Wednesday 28 September 2011

where east meets westfield....




Westfield Shepherds Bush has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It was the place that you knew you could rely on to find that perfect item of clothing on a rainy day and save all the hassle of going to lots of different areas to shop. Moreover, it was a great place to meet friends in the restaurants, cafes and bars as it had so much choice under one roof.

Now the only thing better than the aforementioned place is it's younger and (what I consider) hipper younger sister - Westfield Stratford City which opened last week. It is conveniently located right next to Stratford Station (one stop on the train to Liverpool Street) and by the Olympic Park. The fact that this new shopping centre has opened up right next to my work may be both a blessing and a curse in disguise as I can kiss goodbye to a large part of my pay check every month but welcome lots of beautiful fashion to my wardrobe!







One of the best things about this new Westfield is the Forever 21 shop. I had heard a lot of hype on the internet about this American brand and had been anxiously awaiting the opening of Westfield (there is another recently opened branch on Oxford Street). It has been described by many as the new H&M however I don't fully agree. After visiting the shop I found that the clothes seem to be more on trend and quirky than H&M. Sometimes I find with H&M that there is nothing in the shop from time to time that takes my fancy. Forever 21 was a different story. There was a whole styles section of the shop that I could have transferred back home as it was completely me. So I have to say that for me the only similarity between the two shops are the prices (which is not a bad thing!). I love their vintage-inspired section and was really impressed with their accessories and shoes selection which are gorgeous and cheap! Check out their website as they deliver all over the UK.

Last Sunday I went back to meet a friend for lunch and we ended up having a lovely day at Zumo juice bar and Yo Sushi as well as looking in a few shops! Westfield Stratford is a cool piece of architectural design, it has the biggest window in Europe and an amazing water feature. It also offers huge versions of all your favourite high street shops. In fact, it has a massive Primark and the biggest M&S I have ever seen.  It's so tempting to pass by every night and pick up something before heading home on he overground. I supposed I should exercise some self-control! Make sure to visit soon as there are still lots of opening offers at the moment including the Look magazine pop-up shop.

Hasta pronto!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment